The Advisory Board will provide the ongoing project with comments and advice. It consists of respected scholars in the fields of ethics, biosafety, security studies, risk communication, assessment of novel technologies social perception, risk governance, political sciences, and synthetic biology.
Members of the External Advisory Board:
- Marie-Charlotte Bouësseau, World Health Organization (WHO), Ethics, Trade, Human Rights and Health Law
- Rinie van Est, Physicist and political scientist who works for the Rathenau Institute, The Netherlands
- Kathryn Nixdorff, Professor in the Department of Microbiology and Genetics at Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany
- Malcolm R. Dando, Co-directs the University of Bradford, Department of Peace Studies’ project on strengthening the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC), UK
- Francisco Azuaje, Reader in Artificial Intelligence at the School of Computing and Mathematics of the University of Ulster at Jordanstown, Northern Ireland.
- Anne-Sophie Paquez, Social scientist in Sciences Po, Paris.
- Clara Sattler de Sousa e Brito, Researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property IP, Competition and Tax Law in the IP Department, Munich.
- Sven Panke, Assistant Professor for Bioprocess Technology at the Institute of Process Engineering at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH)
- Ragnar E. Lofstedt, Professor of Risk Management and the Director of King’s Centre of Risk Management, King’s College, London, UK
- Wei Wei, Senior biosafety expert at the Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Joyce Tait, Director of Innogen, UK, and collaborator at the International Risk Governance Council IRGC.
- Michelle Garfinkel, Policy Analyst at J. Craig Venter Institute, USA.
- Huib de Vriend, Consultant on societal aspects of life sciences at LIS Consult (and Rathenau Institute) The Netherlands.